How do I configure my mail client like Microsoft Outlook or Mozilla Thunderbird?
You can configure your email accounts to work with MS Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Live and Mozilla Thunderbird.
You can also use the mail settings below to configure your Smart Phone or other mobile device.
1. Type the name that you would like to refer to this user.
2. Enter the general user information.
When configuring your email settings, make sure the following is properly configured.
1. incoming mail server (POP3 or IMAP): mail.infosaic.com
2. outgoing mail server (SMTP): mail.infosaic.com
3. Make sure your account name is your entire email address as set up through our Web Mail along with the cooresponding password.
4. Make sure you check "my server requires authentication" for outgoing mail server. This is a setting you must check for outgoing mail server when setting up your email account through MS Outlook. This setting is enforced to prevent Spammers from using our SMTP servers.
Please note that some ISP's block 3rd party SMTP servers, and in this case you would need to use your providers.
Default settings should work; however some provider's block the default SMTP port 25. If you are having problems sending, please try SMTP port 8383.
Other default ports:
If you would like to use Secure Email, then use the following ports for SSL:
Other useful Outlook settings:
-Under Advanced settings when configuring Outlook, you can select to save a copy of the message to server under DELIVERY options. This is a good idea if you have multiple devices downloading email. Also, note to delete off server after a specific number of days which you specify.
MICROSOFT OUTLOOK SCREENSHOTS:
To get to this interface in Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express, click on Tools then Accounts.
The following illustrates the general settings.
General Information Tab
Outgoing Mail Server Settings:
Advanced Email Settings:
(Please note that the outgoing mail server (SMTP) can be Port 25 or the alternative Port 8383)
If you would like to use Secure Email, then use the following:
SSL ports 465(SMTP) 995(POP), and 993(IMAP).